Why Aloe Vera is good for your skin –
There are over 240 different species of aloe, growing mainly in the dry regions of Africa, Asia, Europe and America. The aloe leaf contains over 75 nutrients and 200 active compounds, including 20 minerals, 18 amino acids, and 12 vitamins.
Cleopatra was the first person to discover aloe vera. She used it in her bath water and on her eyes and lips, and since her day many cultures have used aloe vera for skin and beauty care. The bulk of the aloe leaf is filled with gel, 96% water with the other 4% containing other properties. Applied to wounds, aloe is a mild anesthetic, relieving itching, swelling and pain. It also acts as an antibacterial and antifungal, increases blood flow to wounded areas, and stimulates the healing process. The benefits of aloe are as follows:
- Relieves itching, swelling and pain
- Acts as an antibacterial and antifungal
- Increases blood flow to wounded areas
- Stimulates the healing process
- Moisturizes skin
- Relieves scratches, stings and insect bites.
- Treats allergic conditions of the skin.
- Improves complexion and skin tone.